Standalone Kapitan Executable (Discontinued)
Create a portable (i.e. static) kapitan binary for users. This executable will be made available for each release on Github. The target/tested platform is Debian 9 (possibly Windows to be supported in the future).
- speed of the resulting binary
- size of the resulting binary
- portability of the binary (single-file executable or has an accompanying folder)
- actively maintained
- supports Python 3.6, 3.7
Tools to be explored
- (tentative first-choice) Pyinstaller
- (Alternative) nuitka (also part of GSoC 2019. It might soon support single-file executable output).